Paramount Software Solutions, Inc.
Senior Programmer Analyst
Alpharetta, GA and various unanticipated locations
40 hours/week, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Work with client team to establish software configuration management processes, and execute the best practices in ITIL to improve the change and release process in the organization.
- Work closely with the client's business experts to understand and automate the code build and deployments from development to production environments.
- Implement agile methodology using the build tools Ant and Maven, and configure the builds with continuous integration tools Jenkins, Bamboo.
- Execute deployment to Oracle Weblogic application servers and Tomcat web server technology using the UNIX Shell Scripts. Source code checkout using Stash, Bitbucket, and Subversion.
- Implement branching strategies in Accurev and resolve conflicts during code merges, with the development team. Install prerequisite software products on different environments and define code management, software configuration, code deployment processes and automated testing strategies.
- Track all the requests and issues that are raised from various teams using the tracking tool JIRA. Gather the project requirements and details from the development team for any new applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the issues that arise in the development and testing environments and ensure the code is working as expected before proceeding with it to production. Document all the process steps in Confluence and propose new improvements in the existing model.
- Work on collecting all the information related to the changes planned in the software release launch for the production environments and help in communicating any missing requirements with the development team.
- Master's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field of study, and one (1) year of experience in a related occupation.
- Work experience or academic coursework must have included: any experience with UNIX Shell scripting, Weblogic, Subversion, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA.